Control panel shortcut

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
Hey guys , I need help creating a control panel shortcut in HTML,
I need it to work from a java menu , here is an example on how links work there: {||Drive D:,file:///D|/,_blank} The highlighted part is the actual link (in this case , opens drive D: ).

someone told me that if i simply write "Control Panel" in the links place it will work ., but all it does is opens an invalid page in C:\Windows\Control Panel.

file:///::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}

C:\WINDOWS\System32\control.exe

So it is! Learn something new everyday, cheers matt :D

speedy tends to make things difficult.
just kidding. =)

p.s. new beta speedy.. woo.

hmmm, problem! .
I cant use speedyB's example because of its syntax ( it matches the commands syntax in the applet) and i cant use matt's example because i cant put the VB execute command in there without messing up the applet.

any other thoughts?

create a shortcut to it.

are you using the exec(); command to launch it? the one from my tutorial?

Yep i'm using the exec() command from your tutorial... but i cant get it to work in the script ( after i replace the link part with exec(blablabla) the applet wont load.

try this..
create a shortcut to C:\WINDOWS\System32\control.exe
name it controlpanel or something
use the vbs method, put in the name of the shortcut.
use exec('controlpanel.vbs')

Thats a good idea , but it dosent work... it loads the applet this time but wont run the script ( it opens a invalid window at C:\WINDOWS\exec('control.vbs') ).

do you have this one setup just like your other ones?

Sorry? what do you mean?
I did add the script in the beginning of the page if you mean that. I think the prob is that it is in a Java applet so it refuses to work.
how did you get yours to work?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back