Constant Restart

CHiLLaXen

hypnotika
I have built an computer for a friends sister. I got the Abit NF7-S and two Kingmax ram chips (PC2700). I first put the Chips in DIMM slots 1 & 2 and got frequent ramdom restarts. I then went to the abit site and it told me to put the ram in reverse order, so I did. Now the restarts aren't as frequent but still happends. Anyone know if these ram chips have conflicts with this mobo?

man i dun think its the ram, either you hav oced the system and it aint stable or u hav a cheap PSU (power supply unit).

well maybe it cud be the ram, try using a divider like 5:4 (cpu:ram). hey what proc are u usin? wud be helpful if u provided some specs of mobo,cpu and psu.

hope it helps.......

I had this happen to me for awhile. it wasnt the RAM in my case, it was the hard drive. Ask if they are hearing any clicks. I would hear a loud click then i would shutdown...hope that helps

i'd say it's the blaster worm but since you're saying it's the hardware then blasty has nothing to do with it, try using just one of the RAM sticks and see if it might be that one of them might be damaged, if they are both fine then it might be the hard disk like zeke said try using this program it's called DiskCheckup 1.0 it tests your HDD's health and stuff it has more stuff about it when you open the page

if you can borrow some ram from a friend and see if the problem goes away.

IMO its the PSU, what PSU are you using?

make sure you take the check mark out of "automatically restart" under system properties - advanced tab - startup and recovery - settings button.

after that, do a reboot and if it happens again, check the event viewer for system and application issues.

koko said:
make sure you take the check mark out of "automatically restart" under system properties - advanced tab - startup and recovery - settings button.

after that, do a reboot and if it happens again, check the event viewer for system and application issues.

yea i think you're right

Elektro Slime said:
if you can borrow some ram from a friend and see if the problem goes away.

IMO its the PSU, what PSU are you using?

no if it was the power supply then the computer wouldnt get to the point where it loads window, it would still be on POST

but try what koko said

uhuh fishy, it will load but as soon as you start using the system itll restart coz there isnt enough power available or the rails are too weak, well atleast thats what happened to me once, went away after i got a new psu.

koko may also be right.

u no the original poster CHiLLaXen doesnt seem to be reading this thread as i dont see any more posts from him? maybe its fixed or just maybe he was using it to increase his post count?........... where are you CHiLLaXen ???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back