Connection Troubles

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Okay, I have 4 network adapters and the only one that connects to my ADSL Provider is the one they gave me, the SMC EZ Card. This is a problem because it really sucks and I want to use my 3Com Integrated adapter on my motherboard or at least one of the other two. But every time I switch to any of my other cards my internet won't connect; I look in my DNS and IP config and all the correct info is there it is even connecting to my DHCP and getting a new IP, but.....no internet. Anyone have a clue what’s going on here?

My Modem:
DLink ADSL Ethernet Modem

My Service:
ADSL High Speed 500/100kbps

My Network Adapters:
3Com 3C920B-EMB Integrated
NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Integrated
SMC EZ Card PCI
DLink DFE-538TX/R PCI

My Motherboard:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe

The ISP may have locked your MAC address. Every NIC has a (sortof) unique MAC address. Some ISP:s lock them for security reasons (beats me). This means that you can't change computer or NIC unless the ISP unlocks it.

If you are changing the NIC for the internet then yeah the MAC address will come into it. When i swapped what i used for my cable modem i had to completely switch off the modem and unplug it from the computer for 3 hours, in a way making the modem forget the MAC address. After waiting I plugged it back into the new NIC and it updated the address and worked fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back