Connection Troubles

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Okay, I have 4 network adapters and the only one that connects to my ADSL Provider is the one they gave me, the SMC EZ Card. This is a problem because it really sucks and I want to use my 3Com Integrated adapter on my motherboard or at least one of the other two. But every time I switch to any of my other cards my internet won't connect; I look in my DNS and IP config and all the correct info is there it is even connecting to my DHCP and getting a new IP, but.....no internet. Anyone have a clue what’s going on here?

My Modem:
DLink ADSL Ethernet Modem

My Service:
ADSL High Speed 500/100kbps

My Network Adapters:
3Com 3C920B-EMB Integrated
NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Integrated
SMC EZ Card PCI
DLink DFE-538TX/R PCI

My Motherboard:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe

The ISP may have locked your MAC address. Every NIC has a (sortof) unique MAC address. Some ISP:s lock them for security reasons (beats me). This means that you can't change computer or NIC unless the ISP unlocks it.

chris

Free to Fly
If you are changing the NIC for the internet then yeah the MAC address will come into it. When i swapped what i used for my cable modem i had to completely switch off the modem and unplug it from the computer for 3 hours, in a way making the modem forget the MAC address. After waiting I plugged it back into the new NIC and it updated the address and worked fine.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut