Connecting directly either of two PC by dsl modem

mkdahiya

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi Mate ,
New to netwroking . Recently i have got my two rooms laid with CAT6 . These two rooms are connected back to the third room through CAT6 . The thrid room acts as input for these two rooms for internet connection. The thrid room has got the DSL modem and a patch panel near the modem with leads to two rooms. Now I connected the o/p of dsl modem to one of the input of patch panel which leads to one of the two rooms. Now I connect the PC in the other room with a patch cable from this outlet .But I cannot access internet in this way from the room. But when directly connnected to dsl modem it works . The cable between the the rooms is tested ok.
Where I am going wrong. I dont know .
Remember I have connected the DSL modem to only one PC at the moment , but in a different fashion, i.e modem o/p through patch to the outlet of the room and through the patch cable to the PC .
Could some one suggest me the solution.

regards

Manoj

Sounds like a break in the line somewhere.
When connected go to start-run-and type CMD, then type IPconfig > do you get a 169.X.x.x or Media disconnected, or do you get an IP. Try Pinging 4.2.2.2 if you have an IP. 169 means you are not getting an IP from the modem.

What u should do is ping. If the ping doesn't work something in your system is screwed up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back