Connected to ISP but No Modem found?

T

tomsxp1

Hi, Everyone: I went to the XP PC Doctor and ran some test on this pc and I failed the detect Modem test even though i am on the internet and i tried to send the results to HP Instant Request and that runs another test before you can send it to them and that failed too, it said Please connect to your isp and try again,. your modem was not detected! What is wrong, Why is my pc not recognizing my Modem when its on? I am on the internet while i am writting this letter but it still says no modem? Any Idea's from any one on how to correct this?

I think that's normal. Most of the modem test programs I have
run in the past need exclusive access to your modem, so if you're
online, they won't work.

No sure about XP's test though.

Simply to test the Modem Maybe, but I cannot send message to HP because its stating that i am not on the internet when i am on it! I went into Modem Properties and its says everything is ENABLED AND WORKING But My Computer is still saying i am NOT on the internet? Even when i went into Command Prompt and tried to Ping the address's it said I HAVE TO BE ON THE INTERNET TO TEST WITH PING! I dont understand what is happening, if any one knows or has any idea's please let me know.

Whoops! Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Don't have an answer for that.

OK, Guys i found the answer Thanks EPletive, after alot of searching thru my pc and here is what the problem was in case someone gets Zone alarm or another firewall installed>> It FAILED THE MODEM Test because i did not give Permission to Zone alarm to allow access to and from my pc and also i had to DISABLE Call Waiting in the Phone and Modem Properties, and after doing these two things my pc past the Modem test ok! NOW the only Problem i have is to find out Why my FLOPPY disk FAILED THE Linear Seek,Random Seek, Funnel Seek, and the Surface Scan Tests? Maybe it is a Bad Floppy disk, so i will buy others and see if they pass or fail! If anyone else has given your Floppy disk this Test in the PC-DOCTOR FOR WINDOWSXP built into your XP Computer and failed, Maybe you can let me know WHY? TOM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back