conmfused on Raid on old motherboard and how to get to use on new one.

confused on Raid on old motherboard and how to get to use on new one.

ok i have another question for people and wanted to open up a new thread for it.

If you read the post below this one by me you will come to understand that recently my motherboard has crapped out on me.

Now i have another dilema. My old mother board had http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V8X&langs=09#

had RAID (optional) RAID 0 support by two to three Parallel ATA or Serial ATA connectors. RAID 1 support by two Parallel or Serial ATA connectors.

And i used this with a 120 gig hardrive. Now its been awhile but i had to do some weird Raid setup on the drive. so it will work.

Now that i am having to get a new mother board im not seeing any boards with this feature exactly. I cant afford to lose the data on the drive in question. So i was wondering will i be able to make this motherboard http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-167&depa=0 work with the hardrive that was being used witht he old raid slot on the now dead motherboard.

A freind told me to Buy a IDE pci slot and use that but will that allow me to see all the data on the drive first off. I really can lose it. Please help

I think this is a good description of everything. but ask any questions you want.

Sounds like you had the RAID IDE slot set to just be used as an additional IDE port. If this is true, you'll have no problem in the new setup.

dreamliner77 said:
Sounds like you had the RAID IDE slot set to just be used as an additional IDE port. If this is true, you'll have no problem in the new setup.

dreamliner77 i remeber something about making an array out of the disk.. (its been so long since i acually messed with it i can barely remeber.)
If this were true what would that mean.

If it's just one hard disk, I doubt it's an array. You'd have to do it with two partitions on the disk and I don't see any purpose of that. I guess all I can say is to try it with the new mobo, if it doesn't work, then try to trouble shoot from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back