Configuring IP Address

pinoy4065

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hey my issue is that i would like to know if there is a way to storeIPsettings. I am usually on a notebook and migrate from manydifferentoffices and homes and many of them i always set a static ipand set theDNS to gain access to certain ports that are blocked off byhardwarefirewalls. But its a hassel to be changing the IP all the timefromplace to place or even setting the IP to DHCP server when i go tohotspots. So basically i would like to know if there is a way to storetheIP settings and switch between them and also switch betweenDHCPsettings. Thanks in adavance for anyones help comments or evenideas!

-Andrew

There isn't a way to create profiles within windows for different network settings but you can create batch files with specific network settings to apply when you run it.

Here is an example of how to set everying static:

-------start of batch file---------

netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.33 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 1

netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.1
netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.2

netsh interface ip set wins "Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.1
netsh interface ip set wins "Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.2

------end of batch file---------

This sets the network interface to the IP address of 192.168.1.33 with a 255.255.255.0 mask and default gateway of 192.168.1.1. It also makes the dns and wins address 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2

Here is how you set everything to dhcp:

-------start of batch file---------

netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" dhcp

netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" dhcp

netsh interface ip set wins "Local Area Connection" dhcp

------end of batch file---------

NOTE: Change "Local Area Connection" to whatever the name of the connection is on your machine that you want to change.

Just copy everything inbetween the start and end of batch file tags, paste it into notepad, change the ip addresses to your liking, and save it as whatever.bat.

I know Atheros has a proggy that you can store different IPconfig for each environment. As you enter a new network, you can select which config you want from a dropdown list. It overrides the Windows wireless network configger. Very easy to use. I setup it up on my friend's Toshiba notebook, which came with the Atheros network card. I am pretty sure that it can work in any notebook.

Heeter

not that it will really help, but you can do this on OSX :p

the windows "locations" dont do this do they??

Isn't this common with laptops where your expected to come across mulitple connections?

Mobile Net Switch enables you to use your computer on more than onenetwork with the click of a button. Mobile Net Switch allows you toautomatically select the correct drive mappings, printer settings, IPsettings and much more!

All changes are made instantly, no reboot is required!

he powerful easy to use interface allows you to configure yourcomputer for every network you will be connecting to (Workgroup orDomain). It's the perfect solution for everyone with a mobile computerwho is using it on more than one network (e.g. when you are using yourmachine on multiple locations, offices or at home). Each location is stored in a profile. Simply select a profile andyour drives will be mapped correctly, the correct default printer willbe selected, IP Addresses will be set correctly, the correct ProxyServer will be configured, and much more. You will be able to use yourmachine on any network with ease!

http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back