conecting to msn msgr over web?

ewokuk

OSNN Junior Addict
cant run any progs at work what so ever, so is there a way to connect to my msn messenger account and talk to people via the web? should be possible as many have hacked the protocol so i assume theres a few website that will do this?

There are many web-based MSN clients, I believe e-msn is the most popular.
Although, I would highly recommend against it. Your network admins have blocked the use of things such as MSN for a reason.

if u have a programming language on your work computers(if not install 1)ie visual basic, visit pscode.com and download a custom msn client then compile it, thats wot i done at college and it worked, id reccomend trying it at home first incase its buggy n ****s your work computers.. but i use e-msn now anyway eventhough i dont like it

I was wondering if to ask this question, as msn messenger has been mentioned I will ask away.

I like to play trivial persuit on it, in chat. I don't go for chatting to users in chat rooms as I find the level of language disability annoying (swearing, talking sheet, abusing people etc..) so i was really upset when In the UK (this I thought was a scam, proved wrong) I was barred from using these features. Are there any tweaks or hacks that can allow me to reuse the chat to replay trivial persuit games?

SPeedY_B said:
There are many web-based MSN clients, I believe e-msn is the most popular.
Although, I would highly recommend against it. Your network admins have blocked the use of things such as MSN for a reason.

yes theyve blocked it because they are useless morons. the computers are so rediculously restricted you cant do much as run ANY executable other than the few that are on there, which obviously rules out installing any program of any kind anywhere (not even on a usb memory stick which ironically you CAN use but still cant run ANY executable from).

so not only does it mean you cant access things you NEED to access in order to do your job far more efficiently, it also means you cant even make proper use of a usb memory stick.

hell they are so rediculously restricted, by default excel has all macro's disabled (not even a prompt) so any excel worksheet with any kind of code in it will fail to work (and we use a lot of these) unless the user goes into it and turns the security lower, which 99% of the users of the systems will not have the slightest clue about doing.

so basically its restricted because they dont have a clue so have disabled absolutely everything.

anyone got any others apart from e-messenger, it works but its so slow its unuseable. and doing a search found nothing.

ewokuk said:
yes theyve blocked it because they are useless morons.

so basically its restricted because they dont have a clue so have disabled absolutely everything.
Actually, sounds like you got an admin(s) that knows what there doing .. blocking ppl from running apps they aren't suppose to and protecting systems from nice viruses ppl would surely infect the systems w/. :p

getting back to topic, i still cant find any others and e-messenger is pretty useless. im sure there are several others but all google gives me is crap.

there is one out there...I found it awhile ago...I'll look for the bookmark when I get home.

TittleBitties said:
www.msn2go.com try that...i like it better than e-messenger
just tried that and it keeps saying unknown host client.msn2go.com when i try to connect with it. either its down at the moment or its not going to work at all from here, it worked from home yesterday.

any others?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back