Condi Rice or......

Who would make a better Secretary of State?

• Condaleeza Rice

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Peewee Herman

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A Fruitcake

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
Elektro Slime said:
also is there a way to know who have the rep points?
Look at the bottom of your "User CP" .. it'll tell you were your points came from.

bottom? Just click User Cp and it comes right on that page. Atleast for me anyway

TittleBitties said:
bottom? Just click User Cp and it comes right on that page. Atleast for me anyway
Yeah depends if you have subscribed threads or not. :p I have several hundred :eek:

IMO powell should have stayed; he's the right man for the job. i'm not too sure about rice though, not because i'm discriminating, but well i prefer the older people to stay on. don't really like newcomers.

Sazar said:
I think condi's just fine... she is well qualified and has smarts... I prefered powell but condi is better than anyone else I can think of with the administration right now...
Sounds about right. :cool:

perris said:
Dr. rice is the person that neutered the principle meetings on anti terrorism...daily meetings intended to make aware any and all new information concerning terrorism, activities and strategies, and put into action the proper defense

and while this is because Bush thought the Clinton administration was "obsessed" with terrorism and getting bin laden, Clarke never the less warned Rice of how important these meetings were, and what was likely to happen without them...his warnings and Clinton's concerns were correct, weren't they

it's because of Dr. rice's ineptitude that Clarke resigned

I blame rice as much as bush for the failure of our anti terrorist league and I blame them both for the attack on September eleventh

she's also the person that "couldn't imagine an airliner being used as a missile"

she rescinded that statement days later admitting that that scenario was not only known before the attack, but considered likely

she also sold out her integrity when she told us that the precise warning of the impending attack was "historical"

she says this though the aids that wrote the warning tell us that they made it crystal clear that the warning was an imminent concern.

so she either lied deliberately, or didn't follow up on that document warning of the attack about the occur

either scenario, it's an irresponsible performance, and she should have been removed from the position she held, surely not given a promotion

she's inept as far as I can see

well, this was known back when I said it, but the wealthy owned media tucked it under the bed.

perris said:
I blame rice as much as bush for the failure of our anti terrorist league and I blame them both for the attack on September eleventh

she's also the person that "couldn't imagine an airliner being used as a missile"

so now we get some of the information the administration very nicely got witheld till after the election

very disturbing

and this is the capable hands that this administration entrusts with the safety of our children.

it's because Condi and Bush refused to take the action that was clearly laid before them to defend America that clarke resigned...

dr. rice obviously did exactly what this administration asked her to do, otherwise how could she get this promotion?

this is where we are today.

Well I don't know the U.S. political system that well, she is nice looking though, so I would vote for her, if I was in the U.S. of course.

True, shame we don't have some nice looking Women in our Parliament.

Amanda I will make you home secretary when I am P.M.

I just need a deputy and my campaign will start.

Nah thanks,I wouldn't last 5 minutes before the whole country will be after my head :laugh:

perris said:
I think he should consider me...then I'll change my position on how effective are his policies

For example, I will then agree that we belong in Iraq, and I will also agree that we should of course be investing more of our defense resources in Iraq rather then inversting resources against the people that attacked us and we were correct when we secretly diverted our resources away from the hub of terrorism.

:D Playing a, oh what the heck, shall I say a Bush; while brushing myself up on the "proper campaign rhetoric" and point out Bush wasn't immune to the flip-flops. :D First we're in Iraq for WMDs, then they aren't as advertized, but then... :lol:

Sazar said:
I think condi's just fine... she is well qualified and has smarts... I prefered powell but condi is better than anyone else I can think of with the administration right now...

But considering Bush's inner circle and all, that isn't saying much. Then again, if Karl Rove got chosen, I'd be running for the hills ;)

Sorry, but in using your own description in the condi thread at NVN

she also spins b.s. very nicely (note comments wrt iraq and wmd's over the past coupla years)

but for her unabashedly spindiferous b.s. she would be well qualified for running for office

I still stick by what I said

Umm, hate to say it, but if it came to a question of my vote, this isn't exactly a quality I would be looking for in a candidate to the presidency. I would rather see a president who would be a straight shooter, and who would be inclined to tell things as they are... Admittedly, I'm not most fond of PR, as an industry and in general however...

That said, we are talking about politics here...with all the baggage that is common to politics.

Except that when we're talking about a secretary of state...would it really make one feel more comfortable that she can spin a story during a presidential briefing? Sorry, but I just don't consider that a redeeming quality, that makes me feel all nice 'n secure :D

I'll add to the vote here, for fruit cake...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back