Concurrent Remote Desktop for Windows Vista

Yes I am using 64 bit.. I can pull out the batch file and the reg file but none of the dll's. I have tried to open this in winrar with the same results.

Yes I am using 64 bit.. I can pull out the batch file and the reg file but none of the dll's. I have tried to open this in winrar with the same results.

Well, while I tested in the x64 edition, the installation failed at first (I have no idea why, Trying to figure it out). I again tried it and it was successful.

Could you post me the error number the installation returns?

Hey guys,

I am desperately trying to get RDC working on Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I have posted on Missing Remote, The Green Button, and now am hoping this thread will get it done.

I tried running the exe on Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I got different errors the first few times. At this point, it makes it to the end of the installation, and then I get the following:

Error 10
Firewall could not be modified
Please make sure you are running this with administrator rights

I should point out the firewall is disabled (I tried enabling the firewall and running again, no difference) and that I am right clicking the exe and choosing "Run as Administrator"

After the installation, if I run netstat -a, I do see now that my computer is supposedly listening on all interfaces (lists 0.0.0.0 under LOCAL) on port 3389; however remote desktop does not work. All the network configurations, etc are correctly setup as I can still RD into this machine when it is booted into XP.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Josh

Well, the exe, I've tried it on a 64-bit ultimate edition. (Worked)
But I could only try on a 32-bit Home Premium which was already cracked.
So I'm still trying to figure out the problem...

Your download must have been corrupt. Try downloading again because you shouldn't have any problem in extracting the dlls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi PCTuner,

Is there any chance that this will work with Windows XP Pro x64? If not, can you point me in the right direction?

hooterbif

Hi hooterbif... you may want to check the thread on concurrent remote desktop in XP/SP2 over here..

I've uploaded the 7th update of MRDP - Vista.

Now it also works with Service Pack 1.

Hi PcTuner,
I downloaded version 7 of the patch but can't get it to work. I get
'error 2: the operating system has to be either...vista x, y, z...'

I'm using vista home premium, 64 bit.

As a side note: one thing i did before trying your patch is to run some other batch file from another forum. The .dll was only for 32 bit so it crashed in the middle of the process. I then tried the same patch with a 64 bit version of the dll. That went through fine but remote desktop still didn't work. I wonder if this could be fooling the patch in thinking it's not vista home premium, 64 bit anymore.

This is why I was trying with the patch on the forum here...

Any clue what's wrong?

Dave

Hi PcTuner,
I downloaded version 7 of the patch but can't get it to work. I get
'error 2: the operating system has to be either...vista x, y, z...'

I'm using vista home premium, 64 bit.

As a side note: one thing i did before trying your patch is to run some other batch file from another forum. The .dll was only for 32 bit so it crashed in the middle of the process. I then tried the same patch with a 64 bit version of the dll. That went through fine but remote desktop still didn't work. I wonder if this could be fooling the patch in thinking it's not vista home premium, 64 bit anymore.

This is why I was trying with the patch on the forum here...

Any clue what's wrong?

Dave

Hey Dave

Can you tell me what data this registry string contains?
Code:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EditionID

And are you using service pack or the original release?

Gautham

Hi PCTuner,

Is there any chance that this will work with Windows XP Pro x64? If not, can you point me in the right direction?

hooterbif
HooterBif,

No, the Vista termsrv.dll is not compatible w/ XP 64.

I'm in the same situation as you are. I have XP Pro 64 bit installed and can't find the fix. I've posted on themissingremote.com and thegreenbutton.com looking for a fix, but nothing yet.

The fix was first applied to XP 32 bit. If we could find out what the fix was, I'm hoping it can be applied to the 64 bit install. It's faily easy to dissassemble the dll, but I wouldn't know where to start when making changes.

Please let me know if you've found any information...

TIA,

F

Hi,
The key says:
HomePremium

I am not using SP1.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,
  • Type 'services.msc' in the Start Search box and enter.
  • Scroll down and lok for Terminal Services in the Services Window.
  • Set it to Start Automatically and enable it.
  • Try installing the patch again.

Thanks for the help PcTuner.
Still no luck however. The service was already running. I tried restarting it (stop, restart...pretty much every combination) and the patch always gives me the same error.

Here is what happens in greater details (I press 'pause' on the keyboard in order to read the messages.

When I double-click on the patch, I have to click on 'allow' to let it continue. Then a DOS window appears. I press 'any key' to go further.
Then, I see:
Checking system requirements...
.AdminTest:AdministrativeTest
This disappears really quick.

Then:
Checking system requirements...
Error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
This disappears quickly too.

Then I get the Error 02: Your operating system must be one of the following...

Hope this helps,
I also upgraded to SP1 today, still no luck.
Dave

i've never seen so many one post wonders in one thread! cant all have come here from google! :p

Could you route the output to a log file and send it to me?

Open Command Prompt with Administrative Rights. Then type "%temp%\MRDP-Vista\install.bat" >"%temp%\MRDP-Vista\install.log".

You'll have to follow the steps:
  • Press Enter (wait for few seconds)
  • Press Y and Enter (If the titlebar doesn't show failed.)

Goto "%temp%\MRDP-Vista\" in Windows Explorer. You'll see install.log there.

Hi,
I attached the log file to this post. Here is what you would see on the command prompt after I ran the bat file and pressed 'y':

c:\Users\Dave\Desktop\MRDP - Vista(2)> install.bat > install.txt
(press y here)
. was unexpected at this time
c:\Users\Dave\Desktop\MRDP - Vista(2)>

Psyborg: I'm pretty good with google, and trust me, this is the only place in the world where someone claims having this to work with vista home premium 64 bit...

Attachments

• install.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 402
Hey
I've identified your problem (atleast I think so). I've just uploaded a new version.
Try it. If you encounter a problem, manually run the termsrv.reg file in "%temp%\MRDP-Vista\" and retry the patch.

just a small note, if you use @echo off instead of echo off it won't show on the command line :)

Update Version 10 (March 21th, 2008):
  • Bug Fix: You wouldn't have a problem now installing when 'C:' is not the system drive.
  • Bug Fix: Username can now contain spaces.

Download here (Link removed - New version uploaded)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back