Concurrent Remote Desktop for Windows Vista

just a small note, if you use @echo off instead of echo off it won't show on the command line :)

I always use "@echo %debug% off". Then I can "set debug=on" at the command line to enable echoing, w/o having to modify the batch file(s).

Hi PcTuner,

I have Windows Vista Enterprise 64bit with SP1
I tried your bat file and find out following problem

My default administrator user doesn't see CurrentVersion key.

D:\MRDP - Vista>reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v
"EditionID"

ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

D:\MRDP - Vista>

When I start regedit and open tree I can see key EditionID with value Enterprise.

Any idea why reg query doesn't find key?

Anyway,

I have found workaround.

I boot my linux and mount ntfs partition and replace dll there. Then I run reg file to import to registry and remote desktop on my Vista 64bit is working perfectly.

Br,
Peter

Hi, there
If anybody (PCTuner) released new patch for the same with bug fixes, as same is not working for me also.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate (without SP1), it works when i patch it first time, after reboot, it stops it again.

Hi All,

Thought I would post an issue I have been having when trying to apply the MRPD - Vista patch.
The error I was getting was:

ERROR: 05
echo The service could not be modified.
echo Access Denied.

System was:
Vista Business with SP1

This issue occurs when trying to install the hack when logged in with the default domain Administrator account(Domain\Administrator). This is because within the install.bat file, the following command

icacls "%SystemRoot%\system32\termsrv.dll" /grant "%USERNAME%":F

acutally gives permissions to the local Administrator and not the domain administrator.

The 2 workarounds for this is:
1. Log in with any other Administrator account and run the hack. This would be the easist.

OR
2. Run the following command before run the MRDP hack.
takeown /a /f %SystemRoot%\System32\termsrv.dll
icacls %SystemRoot%\System32\termsrv.dll /Grant Administrators:F

The above command will give the local Administrator groups Full Control.

I will also email PCTuner to let him know so maybe he can modify his batch file and re release.

Zorba

Available on Technet and MSDN and has been leaked. So officially should be out for public download within the next week. My guess

Hello,
I've meant, an update of the patch for the concurrent remote desktop sessions, which can be applied on Vista with SP2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back