Computer Upgrade - Finally

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
OK, for the last 6 months I have been using a PIII 933MHz machine, as I sold all my stuff before I moved to get some money together and to consolidate. Well, lately it's getting to the point where it's slowing down my productivity, so I'm upgrading.

As of last night, the new PC has been ordered. Here are the details on my new heavently computer :)

• Intel Pentium D Processor 930 with Dual Core Technology, 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache
  • 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
  • 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive - 7200RPM with Databurst Cache
  • 16x DVD-ROM Drive
  • 16X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with Double Layer Write Capability
  • 256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory
  • Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
  • Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
  • Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2
  • 3- Year Next Business Day Warranty
:D

wwwdjrcs said:
OK, for the last 6 months I have been using a PIII 933MHz machine, as I sold all my stuff before I moved to get some money together and to consolidate. Well, lately it's getting to the point where it's slowing down my productivity, so I'm upgrading.

As of last night, the new PC has been ordered. Here are the details on my new heavently computer :)

• Intel Pentium D Processor 930 with Dual Core Technology, 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache
  • 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
  • 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive - 7200RPM with Databurst Cache
  • 16x DVD-ROM Drive
  • 16X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with Double Layer Write Capability
  • 256MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory
  • Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
  • Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
  • Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2
  • 3- Year Next Business Day Warranty
:D
That's one awsome machine compared to your last PC! You'll love the performance difference - you won't know what has hit you! Hope all go well with the new PC and tell us how your liking it when you get it next week.

It's a nice top notch system - looks like it will handle Windows Vista as well which is a bonus, cause as soon as that comes out you will definitely want it!

Yeah I used to have several custom-built rigs, but it will be nice to be able to do more than 2 things at once again :p

I had Vista in mind when customizing it, w00t ;)

wwwdjrcs said:
I had Vista in mind when customizing it, w00t ;)
Smart move! I can't wait for it to come out! :)

Edit: Sorry - let's stay on track with the topic....getting into Windows Vista yet again!

hehe it's ok, Vista does get people excited and spur converstaion.

wow sounds nice, I am in the same situation your are with the old P3. That will be changing soon also. :)

So what's a real dual core CPU? Let me guess, AMD?

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention it is a Dell Dimension 9150. I could have built, but, at least IMO, I got a good deal on it. That, paired with a 3 year warranty, it makes sense to me.

It is shipping later today, should be here Friday

*dances* :D

Daaaamn. I hate you Derek.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Why use a fake dual core cpu ?

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Cause it might be some crappy name brand like Dell

Once again some quality posting. Keep it up.

Grandmaster said:
Once again some quality posting. Keep it up.

You're not kidding. There is nothing wrong with Intel processors. And there is certainly nothing wrong with Dell.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
It was a valid question the intel so called dc cpu's are in fact not true dc cpu , dont need look far to find that information , and any name brand like hp or dell is fine for a company who does not care about throwing them away after 3-4 years , other than that imho they are duds.

Get out of town (literally) :)

Sue them why don't ya !!!

DJ - enjoy the newb PC, burn in some folding@home on it, bust out the good games (if you play em)

Derek, congratulations on the new system. You should be very happy with it (I know I am very happy with mine).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back