Computer Temp ?

DoNuTjC

OSNN Addict
I just put 2 92mm intake fans on my side panel so now I have 4 fans pulling air in and 3 fans pulling hot air out, one in is ontop of my case but the temps are still the same, didn't get any cooler...

the case is sitting at 28c

all wires are away from fan, no dust... WTF?

thanks

28 is pretty good
im at bout 25 on the lower part n 27 near the cpu and ram n drives :D
2 fans in the side panel blowing in
one iz cut in the front buh not turned on...
n one on top for exhaust...n of course the psu fan

I once had a xp 1800+ in std. case that averaged 50 c
with a thermaltake 7+
Bad box, bad air flow
New box 9 fans
4 on lian li 2 front in, 1 rear out, 1 top out
3 on power supply
1 on vid card, 1 on cpu
BTW all fan settings on medium
Unless you want to over clock would say
NO COMPLAINTS MATE

Originally posted by jdn
I once had a xp 1800+ in std. case that averaged 50 c
with a thermaltake 7+
Bad box, bad air flow
New box 9 fans
4 on lian li 2 front in, 1 rear out, 1 top out
3 on power supply
1 on vid card, 1 on cpu
BTW all fan settings on medium
Unless you want to over clock would say
NO COMPLAINTS MATE

I imagine presently .. there's an airport
With an 80mm case fan & 1 slot fan I have 30 degrees inside .. so you must not worry for yours DoNuTjC ..

You will find that the following configuration is best for air flow.

For every 1 fan you have blowing into your case you should have 3 blowing out.

Give that a try... I bet it works for ya!

I have two fans blowing out one on front lower and one on back higher up to the left of case ..both are 80mm my board temp is 23c-27c
cpu temps 38-40c idle and under stress can hit 60c

I dont worry bios is set to beep at 70c and kill it at 75c

keep in mind I am running an Athlon 1800+ oc'ed at 138fsbx12.5 multipler=giving me 1.73ghz shows up as Athlon 2100+ in sisoftware sandra ..... benchmarks kill the hp 522c Athlon 2000+ by over 20 points in performance test v4 ...

ive managed to get mine to 15oC once :D by using a Room Fan (you know those massive ones you tend to use in a hot room) :p

But mine is roughly around 30oC and im happy with it .. sometimes even lower.. wouldnt mind the big fan back tho :D hehe

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Where my puter is I dont want fans sucking in there is a baseboard heater about 2 feet away behind the case on the floor and in the summer it gets very hot here high 30c 's and if needed I have used a room fan as well in the summer blowing directly at my case .....

I'm not worried to much about my temps, i just don't understand how come the temps didn't go down even one degree when I added 2 new fans?

What's your room temp? You can keep adding fans but you get to a point of diminishing returns. If your room temp is close to your case temp, putting more fans in won't do any good.

well my case temp is 29c which is something like 84f, my room is about 65f so its not near my case temp...

Since case temp is measured in "mid case" but more like on the mobo somewhere, it will probably show hotter than the case temp acctually is. My case temp shows higher than my CPU temp most of the time. Figure that out. :)

(This is unless you have a separate sensor hanging somewhere...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back