Computer Slow down

G

gmagnuson

Here is the problem:
Whenever I have 15 or so browsers open (yes, I do a lot at once :) ) And something finishes downloading; when I click close, my computer screen will freeze for 10 or so seconds and I cannot do anything but move the mouse. It will also happen if my computer is on and many different programs are open at the same time. When I do CTRL ALT DEL, and go to performance, it says:
Physical Memory Total: 523760
Available 128940
System Cache 290148

Kernel Memory 69848
Paged 58376
Nonpaged 11476

Commit Charge 472M/1232M

If you need any more information, let me know, I have a 1.8 GHz Processor and 512 MB of Ram. Thanks for any help.

maybe checkout a tabbed browser like opera, myie2, or firebird. this way you can have mutiple windows open without sucking up much resources

Maybe when you are done downloading it is copying the file from a temp location to where you are saving it to. Or it could be running antivirus program on the file and so you cannot do anything until it finnishes.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by sboulema
maybe checkout a tabbed browser like opera, myie2, or firebird. this way you can have mutiple windows open without sucking up much resources

I will look into them, Is there one that would allow my favorites to be syncronised between IE6 and the other tabbed brouser?

they all have the feature to import and export favorites... so tah tway you can synchronize them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back