Computer Shutting Down!!

T

Toothdoc

My computer is shutting down on it's own. I have my power settings as always on and to allow hibernation.
My problem is after some time in hibernation my computer shuts down completely and when I turn it back on it completely reboots including scandisk which takes 5-10 minutes. How do I prevent this from happening. Thanks

Originally posted by Toothdoc
My computer is shutting down on it's own. I have my power settings as always on and to allow hibernation.
My problem is after some time in hibernation my computer shuts down completely and when I turn it back on it completely reboots including scandisk which takes 5-10 minutes. How do I prevent this from happening. Thanks

I'd try putting this in applications, may get a better reply.
;)

duplicate post, threads merged.

you can try to just not use hibernation i remember reading somewhere awhile back(could have been here on this site i dont know) that some hardware configs + hibernation will crash comp or just force it to not work right coming out of hibernation
just set the power options to leave HD on and turn off moniter after 30 mins or so and you shouldnt have no problems(disable hibernation)

hope this helps some but not sure about exact cause just a lil work around for ya.

sounds to me to be a hardware defect.

if its shutting down with scandisk appearing on booting windows up, its being abnormally shut down

could be anything to tell you the truth

start with the power supply, is it ok? is it underpowered for the hardware you have?

Then, heat, is it a cpu heat protection, that after x degrees c/f its shutting down to prevent meltdown of the cpu (sounds a bit like a startrek episode eh?)

failure for the above, id then check all other hardware and drivers... and worst comes to the worst, reinstall windows, and just windows, see if it shuts down still

it may be something a lot more basic because you say its relating to hibernation... in which case it still could be hardware/software (drivers)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back