computer running slow

J

jamespond

Can anyone tell me how to find out if a program is causing my computer to slow down.

I have 256mb of memory and the only thing running at the moment is AOL.

For example if i right click on the desktop and select properties it is taking about 30-40 seconds for the screen to open.

I have closed all the applications by the clock that i can except for NAV.

....restart lately? If you have use ctrl alt delete and see if there is any unusual processes running

wait a minute...

I re-read your post and i found the problem!!!
your using aol!:D :p

I restarted and defregged the hard drive but still running slow, there is no unusual programs running and the harddrive is only half full, so i dont think i need to format.

Any more ideas???????????

Check your processes in the task manager. If you are doing nothing with your system, "System Idle Process" should be at 99%. You can see if any other porcesses are sucking away cpu cycles. AOL could be your problem, besides the ISP being crap, the software is famously unstable. A fresh format/load of windows would almost certainly fix your problem though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back