computer restarts by itself...

M

mousetap

hi,

before i start with my questing here is some info about the computer that restarts itself.

as far as hardware goes...
-intel PIII 500
-abit be6-v2.0 raid pIII motherboard
-2 x 256mb pc133 sdram
-ibm deskstar 60GB 7200rpm ata 100 hard drive
-pioneer 10x dvd rom
-ati all in wonder 128 32 mb agp video card
-floppy drive

the weird thing about this is...everytime i format the hard drive and install a new operating system it stays like a "baby." but after that...it starts to restart itself.

i tried every single thing i could think of...but it still have the problem. everytime i install xp...i have trouble installing my hard-drive controller. it is hpt370 udma/ata 100 raid controller by highpoint. xp and windows 2000 says the driver cetificate is not approved by microsoft.

i even updated my bios and used the resent driver from highpoint-tech.com. now i am runout of options...

i don't know what to do for this...? can u please give me a hand on this?

thank you...

The restarting could be a bad power-supply, overheating components or other things. Check those first.
/Lactic

HOPE THIS HELPS

Try using different memory modules to see if you have a leakage on any of the chips. Memory leakage will result in random restarts on the defected system. I noticed that you have two modules of 256MB SDRAM, try taking them both out and putting only one of them at a time into the system to see if you will get the same results. If your computer randomly restarts when either one of the 256MB modules then you will know that one is the one with the leakage.
Also consider updating your video card drivers. Sometimes poor Vram (located on the video card) management performed by certain video card drivers in relation with the OS will cause random restarts and blue screens.

DIEOT

THANK YOU

If XP has a system failure during shutdown it will automatically restart to try and fix the problem.
To disable this feature right click MY COMPUTER choose PROPERTIES, ADVANCED, under STARTUP and RECOVERY, click SETTINGS, and uncheck SYSTEM REBOOT under SYSTEM FAILURE..

my power cable to the mobo is loose and sometimes it loses power and restarts. see if that's loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back