Computer restarting without any reason!

D

Dark-Raver

ok, i have this smale probleme, my computer restart without any reason! And it doesn't restart when i run a certaine programe, that is what makes it wierder... I am new to XP so i have no idea what to do, i checked for virus with Norton anti-virus 2002...

So if you have any idea how to fixe this, plz tell me.

thanx

What you need to do is goto start, control panel, system, advanced options, then startup and recovery...there is a box that says automatically restart, make sure this box is NOT checked, then next time there is an error, your computer won't auto-reboot

it will give you a blue screen with an error code, copy that down and come back and let us know what it says so we cna help fix it :)

Need some more system info.. you dont happen to be using onboard sound or the asus A7V266-E motherboard do ya? If ya are using onboard sound then dissable it in the bios and see if that fixes the problem.. later
- Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back