Computer Repair Abuse.. (Geek Squad sucks too)

Re: Computer Repair Abuse.. (Geek Squad sucks too(

Speaking of Geek Squad; I saw one of their cars on my turf. I sent my henchmem after them.

The problem here is that the technology is beyond many people's comprehension. So you get many places that take advantage of customers that have little or no knowledge of what goes on inside their computers.

It's the same thing in my business, working on automobiles. Many many people have no clue as to what makes a car/truck run. They assume that you put gas in them and go, that's it. When their cars/trucks break down they are clueless. So you get repair shops that are unscrupulous and will take advantage of customers that haven't got a clue. I think it's that people can't see it working, as in the parts inside doing what they do to make the computer work. It's an unknown to them and most will believe what they are told when they take their computers in for repairs. Makes anyone that tries to be honest in their repair business look like a bunch of thieves and hacks.

It does.
At least Compusa had a minimum fee.
Which means they didnt charge them the 119 because of the cable, but because that is there minimum repaid fee.

Atleast one of the places didn't charge them at all.

Thats what I would of done

Yeah, stupid news though.
Barely mentioned the place.
They should have made that place their star.

It was barely mentioned because that wasn't the point of the investigative story.

It does.
At least Compusa had a minimum fee.
Which means they didnt charge them the 119 because of the cable, but because that is there minimum repaid fee.

You would think that for a loose wire, they would charge $25.00-$50.00, after opening it up and taking a minute to diagnose and fix the problem. I hope for $119.00, they did a lot of diagnostics to make sure the loose wire was the only problem.

I understand that, but they were the only good store thy went to...

I hope they did too, but Compusa said it was a minimum fee...
The computer they were bringing around wasn't worth spending money to fix anyways :)

Interesting Ad indeed, pretty pathetic how crooked or way off base some people are.

God, how could the geek squad mess that up.

Maybe they should be renamed the Sleep Squad? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back