deleted

Can you also get a list of what processes are running in the task manager?

I am having the same problem, I have a laptop and desktop hooked up to linksus router. IE freezes and the only way out is to close IE and restart it. I have done virus check and everything is OK. The cpu doesn't go up or anything the hourglass just sits there and keeps turning.
Anybody have any ideas for Kevin Ar18 and myself.

It is more than likely a software issue ... There might be some type of incompatibilty there -

When mine was doing it I found that it was Java .. When I would go to a site that required it it would freeze and lock-up, then it would be fine, then a couple of seconds later it would do it again, once I unistaled Java and put Java Virtual Machine in it's been fine .. So that could be what it is there ..

Another good way is to backtrack - ask him when it started happening and what progs he installed before and after it started .. That will eliminate a number of progs ..

The last good suggestion, Clear the "temp" Directory ...

Well I would at least dump Reboot.exe. It's just a DOS app that's supposed to re-boot, who really needs such crap.

Hmmm .. Did he log out and and log back in with out rebooting ???

Also when he reformatted, how did he do it ??

reboot.exe is used for computers with SiS graphics. The same file loads from the exact same location on the systems here in work that use SiS onboard graphics. I assume that offboard SiS graphics card would do the same thing, but I could be wrong.

What graphics card does your friend have in his machine?

excoelis: are you using DHCP or Static for the IP addressing on your router? If repairing IE or using Mozilla (yuk - we wont continue on that conversation) doesnt fix the problem, then try Static IP addressing (if you use DHCP (Dynamic IP) addressing) by setting

IP: 192.168.1.100
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1

Also, in the WINS tab, check "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP". I use that setup (different IP though) at home using a linksys router. A mate of mine has had troubles with routers and DHCP, I changed his IP to static and it stopped causing problems.

My router has the DHCP enabled do I just disable it or is there something else I have to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back