Computer just logs itself off

J

jjgalvez

Hi all, here is a perplexing problem,

I recently tried out XP's fast switching thing, and somthing was not really compatable with it because it really did not work all that well. Not really a big problem so I desided to just put things back the way they were, only now the computer seems to "switch" to the logon screen if I don't use it for a while. At first i thought something was making the machine crash and reboot, but when I looked at the login window it said that I was still running a program (which I was) so I don't think it crashed but just went to the login screen like a fast user switch or something. Any Ideas as to what to look at to fix this? I have already looked at the fast login option and it is not checked. I am really at a loss as to what to look at now. thanks in advance for any and all help

Jose

it did the same thing to me if your the only user just delete the other user you made if not i have no clue how to fix it im the only one that uses my computer

This is most likely because you have the option to "On resume, password protect" enabled on the screensaver tab in display properties. Not sure of the exact wording since I'm at work on a win2000 box, but it's close. The screensaver will kick on after a few minutes, then when you come back, it will want you to re-enter the password.

Edited to correct wording in quotes...

I believe this is what you are looking for. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back