Computer just logs itself off

J

jjgalvez

Hi all, here is a perplexing problem,

I recently tried out XP's fast switching thing, and somthing was not really compatable with it because it really did not work all that well. Not really a big problem so I desided to just put things back the way they were, only now the computer seems to "switch" to the logon screen if I don't use it for a while. At first i thought something was making the machine crash and reboot, but when I looked at the login window it said that I was still running a program (which I was) so I don't think it crashed but just went to the login screen like a fast user switch or something. Any Ideas as to what to look at to fix this? I have already looked at the fast login option and it is not checked. I am really at a loss as to what to look at now. thanks in advance for any and all help

Jose

L

Lithium

it did the same thing to me if your the only user just delete the other user you made if not i have no clue how to fix it im the only one that uses my computer

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
This is most likely because you have the option to "On resume, password protect" enabled on the screensaver tab in display properties. Not sure of the exact wording since I'm at work on a win2000 box, but it's close. The screensaver will kick on after a few minutes, then when you come back, it will want you to re-enter the password.

Edited to correct wording in quotes...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasty12