Computer Hardware is acting weird.

Agurri

I am what I am
hey guys,

I just receive from a friend a Celeron 600 with 192 MB or ram. No hard drive would be installed so I found a 2GB Maxtor to put in it. Before doing so, I removed everything to clean the case, and reinstalled everything properly. But here comes the problem : The system won't boot. It won't even go to the memory check, I see nothing. Everything is plugged (98% sure) correctly. The hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer. So any ideas what could cause this problem.

Thanks in advance
Agurri

EDIT: ok ... i might have find somehting ... the fan of the CPU isnt working .... but it used to.... does it mean the power can't reach the mobo ? Might be the mobo dead ?? I dont hope ...

If you have one lying around try a different PSU. If it does nothing when you power up then that is possibly the problem.

Treat it like a new system build and follow the guide attached.

Attachments

• Crash Trouble shoot1.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 84
Hipster Doofus said:
If you have one lying around try a different PSU. If it does nothing when you power up then that is possibly the problem.

I installed a new 350W PSU like 2 weeks ago. The Computer does work ... I think its the mobo. I'm sure it's dead cause when I start out the computer, the fan of the CPU isnt running at all. I think I,m only going to buy another mobo ...

either that or you dont have the motherboard connections firmly plugged into the mobo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back