Computer hard to boot?

V

Vapochill

Hi.
My friend has this problem with his computer. He just bought a new mobo and new cpu. His computer wont go past POST 6 times of 10? The mobo is a ASUS A7V and a AMD xp1400. But when we put his old cpu back ( a AMD 750) it would go into Win without problem. So we came to the obvius conclution that it was a faulty CPU so we sent it back. But according to the comp.store it was nothing wrong with it. They could boot without a problem. So we updated the BIOS to the latest but that did'nt help. We pulled every card exept the vid card out of the comp, no luck. so...now i dont know what to try next. can it be a mobo problem? Some BIOS setting that is wrong? Help please!

I never had this problem. But I'll offer my idea I wonder if the Power supply is not got enough power to start everything at once. I will also say for anybody to help folks will need more info about the system, like what kind of drives and cards and anything else that way we have a better idea as to what it might be

its your cpu... its to fast for the motherboard or it is set to the wrong settings.. i would keep trying to see if u can get it to work

boot problem

I agree with chastity on this I have seen it over & over. Get a GOOD P/S one that is AMD recommended or approved will almost certainly work. We design & build systems mostly with AMD Athlon Processors. Once the speed topped 1 Gig the 250W P/S were just not enough. I personally do not build them with less than a 350W and I just changed my 500W for a 525W that is MP recommended by AMD.

Best of luck to you.

Ok, thanks for the ideas guys. Yes i can be the PSU. I know that from first hand becourse i have a Vapochill(www.vapochill.com) case (hence the nic :D ) and a AMD/Geoforce combo so it takes ALOT of power....
Empiretank, I'm not so sure that the cpu is too fast fot the mobo, i have the same processor on my mobo (same cpu same mobo) and his computer DO start every 8:th try or so :/ But it can be a bios setting not sure which one though becourse i have the same setting as he does.

I'll get back to you with an update...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back