Computer hangs; mscoree.dll missing.

D

Delta Phoenix

For the past couple of days my computer has been hanging randomly. It always happens and lasts for about 20 seconds. It's getting extremely annoying. :mad:

The hang lasts for a split second, but it's really getting on my nerves seeing my cursor move 2 inches, pause, move 2 inches, pause... etc.

It will stop and then work fine for a few minutes and then start doing it again. I just installed Tweak XP Pro and applied the same settings that I had applied with the normal Tweak XP. I'm not sure if that's what is causing my problems or not. I tried to do a system restore to before I installed it but it wouldn't restore.

SystemWorks says I'm missing a file called mscoree.dll that's used by the DotNet Installer. I was wondering if this file was important and if it is where could I download it?

I've tried numerous things to stop the hanging. Memory optimizations, defrags, registry cleaning... but nothing has worked. Someone help me out!!! :blink:

Posted by XP Abuser
reinstall sysworks

what has this to do with his problem!

mscoree is Microsoft.NET Runtime Execution Engine
I attached the dll file put in in system32 directory. maybe it will help you.

Hey Octo,

Don't dll's have to be registered/activated or something?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back