Computer Froze, rebooted now get no video

i was playing a game, computer froze, sound went beeeeppzrrrtt so i rebooted, now my moniter doesn't display anything. on my motherboard (epox 8rda+) i get the C 1 displayed on the LED which stands for memory, but i tried every combo of memory and it still doesn't work, so either 3 sticks of memory just went bad, or the video card is shot.. any opinions?

Does the monitor powerup light come on? If you have onboard video you could try taking the card out & boot up to see what happens (set the bios for onboard). Don't like the look of that sound it made.

Were you OC'ing anything? The AGP bus perhaps, or teh card itself?

It might also mean bad video ram, but the card will usally take care of it's own. Follow Hipsters idea and see if teh monitor even leaves energy saving mode when it boots.

Just a guess on my part but it might be a burned northbridge chip. AGP-CPU-RAM-Southbridge interface.

i don't get anything, i can't see anything except no signal input, the moniter light then goes orange.

have you tried clearing the cmos and re-booting after that/

well i guess a sound like that is caused when a graphics card fails to respond when computer is on, im guessing it over heated try smelling it for burning signs... i dont think it's the ram though they can't all just go dead at once that would be freaky, and the computer would still show something on the screen and then tell you something that the ram is bad, so yea i think it's the graphics card

replaced the ram...nothing still get "error C 1" on the motherboard LCD... i guess i need to replace the whole motherboard

I just had a similar situation with my nephews pc. Same symptoms (minus the C1 led)...turned out to be the sound card holding the system down. Did you pull all the cards (if any)?

In most countries, obviously not all, most people have a sense of humor! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back