Computer freezing problem

M

masaki

Here's how my system is setup:

Abit KG7 (BIOS flashed to latest version)
AMD AthlonXP 1700+
768MB PC2100 DDR RAM
Primary IDE
>[master]IBM 60GXP HDD
>> Drive C: 24.4GB NTFS (OS)
>> Drive D: 32.8GB NTFS (Data)
>[slave]IBM 60GXP HDD
>> Drive V: 57.2GB NTFS (dedicated to video editing)
Secondary IDE
>[master]Sony DVD burner DRU-500A
>[slave]Sony DVD-ROM DDU1621
Ati Radeon 8500 64MB
Creative SB Audigy

Running Windows XP

The problem I'm experiencing is that whenever I'm rendering a video clip (source file and output file reside on V:), the computer would freeze in the process. Both IDE channels have DMA enabled.

The program I'm using to edit my video is ShowBiz (bundled with the DVD burner).

I have tried to move the hard drives to separate channels and changed to PIO mode (the rendering process gets farther) and still freezes.

Can anybody help please???? I have no idea how to fix this problem.

any software conflicts? have you tried shutting down anything else that's running?

just a place to start....

kip

Yes, I've tried shutting down all other running programs. I also tried booting to Safe mode and do the rendering there but the computer still freezes everytime I try.

Unfortunately, it's never worked before. The computer almost always freezes when rendering/playing videos. I used to play Counter-Strike and the computer froze ocassionally too.

what size is your power supply, it may be getting a little taxed
need at least 350 watts or so
worth a look

Check out the Some Ideas post

I missed the new reply button by a bit and that terrible new topic one was what I hit.:D

I have a 350 watts power supply. The temperature for the processor is constantly at 35°C. Motherboard at 22°C and chassis at 38°C.

Might be something wrong with the hard drive I have a western digital that would freeze if so much information was written to it something past like the 5gig mark I think it was. didn't matter how big or small the file was if it went over the 5 gig makr on the drive it froze my computer so I took it outside and pounded it!:eek: :D :p :confused: :huh:

I can transfer videos from my DV camera using Firewire onto drive V: without any problem though. The files are often more than 6GB.

Could it be the motherboard? I tried the RAM on my friends' computers and they worked just fine.

I just reinstalled XP SP1 from scratch and still freezes................:(

I bought a Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra today and the freezing problem is completely gone.... :) the video is rendering at 33% right now and still going good. Thanks to everyone who gave me a hand to fix the problem :)

This mobo kicks ass :D

when in doubt... spend money! :D

very nice board, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back