Computer freezes too much!

i found the norton removal tool to be good:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

it's just unusual with the system freezes. i haven't experience them since windows 98. the dev guys at firefox tell me it can't be firefox as it is not possible for it to freeze up a system. and the microsoft onecare dev guys say i should remove firefox and use ie7 and see if the problem persists.

anyway at the moment i find myself using firefox as little as possible or if i do i only use it. so if it freezes the system again i don't lose any work.

also doing a few searchs on forums and google pop-up a few other people with the same issues so at least i'm not alone.

Even after running the removal tools they have you will more than likely have to do a reformat to get rid of it all anyhow. Which is the "real" only way to get rid of symantec crap ..

lets get back to the cause of these system freezes. is it onecare, firefox or a combo of both.

has anyone been able to find a solution as ie7 is driving me up the wall.

pluto in my case it is not the psu as the harddrive continues to do somthing and about half of the freezes the system monitor still showed up and down cpu usage. although the mouse/keyboard didn't do anything (both usb keyboard motherboard usb / mouse pci usb card).

i also updated to latest graphics card drivers yesterday and it froze again today so that ain't it. if it was ram or some hardware problem than why is it that only firefox causes the freezes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back