computer died today...

macromp

the retarded one
help! my computer just died this morning! i watched a sample of a movie on WMP9 and when i closed it the whole computer froze up...aabout a minute later i got a blue screen *cry* saying "page fault in nonpaged area" i have NO idea what that means, i tried all day to get it back on, took all cards and ram out, cleaned inside, now i get the same message but also one saying "IRQL not less or equal" i have no idea what to do! help anyone :(

the IRQ error has been previously reported as a "Style XP" error which was repaired by renaming your current "shell" entry in the folder c/Windows/Resources to the name of the theme.

May be it can also be caused by other errors, if you dont use this software, but sound like graphics related conflict.

IRQ_NOT_LESS .......

generally this issue can be fixed by going to recovery console and running chkdsk /r

same with the data_in_Page .....

those blue screens are rarely harware, despite what the screens actually lead you to believe. I have seen it be the RAM so ... you are also correct.

Originally posted by RogerPhillis
the IRQ error has been previously reported as a "Style XP" error which was repaired by renaming your current "shell" entry in the folder c/Windows/Resources to the name of the theme.

May be it can also be caused by other errors, if you dont use this software, but sound like graphics related conflict.

uhhhm stylexp :confused: it think youre confusing 2 errors. stylexp has to do with the parser value error 142 or soemthing like that

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago and it was 1 of my RAM sticks. I took all three out and put one in at a time until I found out which one was the bad.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
when's the funeral?

HEHE, oddly enough I thought the same thing.
./me starts to play Amazing Grace on the bagpipes....

This courtesy of the MS beast: -

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

A hardware driver or system service requested data that was not in memory, causing an exception error. The cause may be defective physical memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and antivirus programs. If the error occurs immediately after installing a device driver or application, try to use Safe Mode to remove the driver or uninstall the program.

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This Stop error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the Stop message and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this Stop message appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.

Because you were using a working machine at the time the system crashed and the fact that this occurred at or around the time a programme would be reading values from memory I suspect (as others have said) that one of the chips on a memory module has an (intermittent) now persistent fault. Also bear in mind that the next usual culprit is the graphics card’s memory.

:) :) :)

i tried taking the ram out and putting the old one back in, and i still got the same messages...i got a few more errors recently, one saying something about usbport.sys, then another about navex15.sys (nav15ex.sys can't remember which one...) i thought that might have something to do with norton anti virus...

thank you i'll try that, i remember an update did install just before it crashed!

oh and i have no idea what the last bit means...:confused: (the avatar text says it all! :p)

this bit:

Also why not give your system a " SFC /SCANOW "

The range dlls causing problems is indicating hardware failure, probably being loaded into a bad area of memory. Need to test it all with a good diagnostic suite.

new problem, i cant even get my computer on now to try it! it beeps 3 times, makes another noise and then that's it! black screen, doesn't even start up...so i ordered a new mobo, ram and HDD, i was wondering, will i be able to stick the old HDD in aswell to get all of the stuff off of it or will it mess the new one up too?

ok so i've got it back online thank god but when i try and get on to my old folders on the old HDD it wont let me...i think it might be because my account on that HDD was password protected, is there anyway to get around this?

You'll have to take ownership of the folders. Log on as Administrator (if you are running XP Home boot to safe mode). Open Folder Options and disable "simple file sharing"(Last option on the view tab). Next right click the drive or the folders you can't access in explorer > sharing and security > security > advanced > owner. Change the owner to your username and check "replace owner on subcontainers and objects". Last reenable simple file sharing again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back