Computer Desk for Two

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Erica and I will be getting a house soon and will finally have an official "office". The need is also there to have seperate computers due to our workload, especially now that we will have more expenses (have been sharing one computer for a year or so). I could have sworn I saw a nice one at IKEA, but can't seem to find it on their website.

Basically the desk I am thinking of is like two individual L shaped desks, facing eachother in the fashion that the users could be facing eachother.

I made a rough sketch, and the two indents would be obviously where people would sit. Anyone have this or something similar they can recommend? I want something like this to still conserve space.

P.S. Don't be intimidated by my artistic talent :p

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 240
Well you could just two similiar separate desks and put them together like your diagram. That would probably be your best solution.

PS. Your drawing sorta looks like a pair of underwear :p

LOL, thats EXACTLY what I though.

Well, the 2nd thing I thought about.

The first thing was:

Step 1, collect underpants

Step 2...

Step 3, profit !!!

Har, Har, Har!

Seriously though - anyone seen something like this?

AM - nice suggestion but the one I saw was one unit and would be my preference. (please no "you said unit" jokes) :p

I had a similar thing when I lived in Tampa with my buddy. He actually just headed out to an office surplus place, grabbed 2 half/desks and we set them up in the opposite pattern to what you have i.e. the setup looked like a semi circle.

You can try that out, except most office surplus places cost an arm and a leg here, was SO much cheaper in Tampa :(

You might have some luck doing some google searches for "studio production furniture" or just "studio furniture" There are quite a few sites that do weird setups like that for specialty uses. Might be a bit expensive though.

KC will get the Laptop and his wife will get the office with the big widescreen monitor and new fast powerful PC. :p

You might have some luck doing some google searches for "studio production furniture" or just "studio furniture" There are quite a few sites that do weird setups like that for specialty uses. Might be a bit expensive though.

That may be what I end up doing, who knows.

Thanks for the suggestion, that looks like something I could double-up if I went that route.

KC will get the Laptop and his wife will get the office with the big widescreen monitor and new fast powerful PC. :p

If you only knew.... :D

OMFG, that is the funniest thing I've seen on this forum, ever!

Try looking in a mirror more often then ;) :p

Some of us wear boxers, boxer-briefs and other, more exotic fare than tighty-whitey's

Spongebob Boxers FTW!!!!!!

Yes they must have the monitors facing away, otherwise how could you see the look on your loved ones face when you shoot them in the head during a friendly game of couterstrike?

Spongebob Boxers FTW!!!!!!

Yes they must have the monitors facing away, otherwise how could you see the look on your loved ones face when you shoot them in the head during a friendly game of couterstrike?

Use a mirror.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back