Computer Case

• Thread starter ThePunkerGuy
  • Start date
T

ThePunkerGuy

What kind of case is better for cooling purposes.. a Mid Tower Case or a Full Tower case? Thanks!
- Mike

well i dont think it matters
just get sum case fans, and its good

Originally posted by ThePunkerGuy
What kind of case is better for cooling purposes.. a Mid Tower Case or a Full Tower case? Thanks!
- Mike

I would think a Mid Tower based on if theres less room, then faster air movement and a whole lot cooler CPU!!! :)

A friend bought the cheaper black aluminum case from colorcase and was happy with it...case size won't matter too much, but if you go bigger, you'll have more room and need more fans to provide adequate cooling (assuming you're overclocking). If you're not overclocking, anything with a fan or two and a CPU cooler will be plenty fine. Personal preference and what you've gotta fit in there is more important. If you've only got one or two HDD's and one or two CD/DVD drives, a full tower is way overkill. If you're using water-cooling, running raid, have lots of PCI cards you'll be using (multiple nics, sound, video, DVI, RAID, whatever) you may want the larger case, or a better mid-tower with lots of fan mounts to keep those cards cool...I'll be going for the black Antec SX1040 for my setup (see the PC Spec post if you care =)
/L.A

I have and Enlight 7237 mid-tower, athlon xp 1600, asus a7v266-e, all-in-wonder radeon video card, 2x40gig 7200rpm hard drives, and 1gig DDR memory (dont ask why 1gig, it was an ordering problem), coolermaster DP5-6I1A cpu heatsink and fan, and two case fans. At the moment my cpu temp is 48C and the motherboard temp is 24C. As long as you get a good cpu heatsink and fan (check the amd site for which ones are certified for the xp 1900) and at least two case fans you should be fine. If you are into overclocking the cpu then I would recommend you check out Overclockers.com for some good info about cooling.

HHmm.. cool.. ok.. I am gunna get that same mobo.. the asus a7v266-e does it perform nice? and another question.. does it have the 4 holes in the mobo to mount a nice heatsink and fan like the alpha?
thanks
- Mike

Well I just got the motherboard last friday but so far it seems great. It does have 4 mounting holes for a heatsink/fan even tho the one I got uses the clip.

ok, good.. i was looking at the alpha pal8045.. seems awesome
- Mike

dude thatz a aiight case
but u gonna buy black burners/dvd? or paint em
itll look ugly if its diff colours

Yea, I'll paint the drive covers or paint the case.. I am going to mod the case so it will be great when i am done.. not worried about cosmetics right now, just potential to mod and good quality and good cooling.
- Mike

I bought an Alienware built PC for christmas it look amazing , they really know how to make them

ill try get a photo for you to look at , you may be able to build one yourself

Yea, a picture would be great.. always wanted to see a pic of the inside of one.. plus maybe i can get some cooling tips from the inside of it.. thanks man.. will keep and eye out for those pics in this post i guess..
-Mike

I personal like Antec cases... In fact AlienWare uses them... Heres the case...
The next one I get will be that in beige... Room for 6 drives plus two floppys and 4 ides,,, The one I saw at CompUSA had a spot for some more ant the bottom of the case... Fans everywhere...

I has the KS282...

Be careful of the case you buy... The case you linked to looks like it may have sharp edges in it... Working on them is not fun... Now that's my main criteria... NO sharp edges...

Maybe I was wrong that looks a lot like Antecs case...
AlienWare?!?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back