Computer Black Screen

N

Not Bman

My computer has been working fine for along time now. Thursday 5th was the last day I was on my computer. When I left it nothing was changed, and it was working great. Came home today and my computer screen was frozen. So I restarted it not thinking anything of it because that happens sometimes. The computer does the whole loading thing, gets the the windows loading screen, after that goes to a black screen.
I have restarted many times, I cleaned my computer, made sure it wasent overheating. I loaded into safemode, and did a virus scan and found no viruses, but my virus program did tell me one thing. It has 2 reading errors.
1. Partition Table
2. Disc boot error, something towards that effect.

Not sure if that normally shows up or not, but I'm guessing not. I know none of my parts are bad, everything is working fine. So I'm taking a guess and saying I have a Boot Virus.

Anybody else think differently? If it is boot virus, how do I fix it etc etc.

Thank you.

I'm running

Windows Xp Pro SP2
512Mb Ram
1.8Ghz

so don't think its my system just yet. Plus I'm upgrading soon anyways.

I had a system do the same thing a few months back. It was the hard drive going down on me, I replaced the drive and have had no problems sense.

I would run the drive manufacturers utilities on it just to rule that out.

Already checked that, plus my harddrive is pretty much new.

i ran into this problem when i had 120dpi switched on in windows---i replaced my monitor with a different one and it wouldnt go past the load screen...

to salve it i had to switch back my other mon and change it back to the default 96dpi and then switch it back.

i don't know if this can help you but i thought id post it anyway. :)

I searched for the answer, and found on Microsoft about this type of program. They told me to load by floppy first, use a bootdisk, and if it loads into it normally then there's a bootsector problem. If not there is something else, and it didn't load properly.
What could this be? I'v never seen anything like this?

-seek- said:
i ran into this problem when i had 120dpi switched on in windows---i replaced my monitor with a different one and it wouldnt go past the load screen...

to salve it i had to switch back my other mon and change it back to the default 96dpi and then switch it back.

i don't know if this can help you but i thought id post it anyway. :)

I thought of that too, I thought maybe something wrong with monitor. Not very likely, I didn't change any of those settings and yea.

I guess nobody can really help me at the moment. I was thinking about using the rescue disk on the windows cd. I relised I can't find my Windows CD, is there anyway I could use that Resuce disk without the windows cd?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back