Computer Attack!

M

Mac1

computer attack

Hi
Can any body tell me why I got this attack when I was logged in to NTFS.
see attached file.

my firewall stopped it dead but I am still wondering about it.

p.s. how do I insert a picture into my post. I had to attach it. I clicked on IMG but dont know what to do. I thought I could paste it in but it wont work.

mac

Its a alert coming from your system not off the Internet. Probably a false positive.

What firewall are you using?

You attach the image to the post then put the link of the attachment in the IMG tags.

Did you do a whois on that IP? ;)

The "img" function links to a picture on the internet. You would have to upload a pic somewhere and make a link to it. Same goes for your sig if you choose to use one!

op's

Hi
whats 127.0.0.1 as it's not my server or client address or is there something else i'm missing. I am a bit green when it comes to these things.

but I am getting there. with your help.

sorry about the picture, I didin't know I had to load it to the internet first. I just see all your nice pic's and avatar's " and thought you could just paste them into where you write.

what does avater mean, this maybe this?

A manifestation or presentation to the world or

Incarnation of Vishnu, a Hindu deity; or

is it just a Display.

mac

172.0.0.1 is your systems loopback address.

Avatar is the image that appears under / above the username.

Scan your system for viruses to be sure your not infected but it looks to me to be a false alert.

Re: computer attack

Originally posted by Mac1
p.s. how do I insert a picture into my post. I had to attach it. I clicked on IMG but dont know what to do. I thought I could paste it in but it wont work.

mac
Like this?

attachment.php

bingo

Thats exactly what it is Rushmoo1 and Enyo,

very cleaver guys you are, or what.

I didin't know you could get loopbacks. "learned summit else"

I am running XP Pro with Nav2003 Antivirus Pro and Norton 2003 Firewall Pro. all definitions are up to date.

I have just bought Nav2004 and was going to install it when I see all the posts about it, now I'm not to sure about installing it.
But if it's anything like Nav2003 it will be very good, as I have had no trouble with it. In fact I would recommend it, as long as your computer is powerful enough.

I have just did a scan for virus and all well.

Thanks guys
Mac

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back