Compressed folders

R

Ripper2860

I want to "turn off" or disable MS compressed folders option, but I cannot recall how !! :confused:

Anyone out there that can re-edumacate me ??

Thanks in advance !! :)

i just install winrar or winzip and they automatically become default for compressed folders

How to get rid of compressed files in Explorer's left panel :
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ClassicShell

i dont know exactly how to disable it completly

Thanks for the reply!! I found the answer I was looking for. I knew I had read it somewhere, but could not remember. Found it again while revisitng the http://www.tweaktown.com XP Tweak guides.

Excerpt:

Tweak #7 - ZIP Folders

A really quick tweak... Windows XP has built-in support for .ZIP files, so that you can view them as normal folders. However, the system uses a sizeable portion of resources doing this, so disabling this feature can increase performance. It's easy to do, you just have to un-register the zipfldr.dll, by going to Start -> Run... and typing

regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

then pressing Enter.

A good read if you are into Tweaking XP and I assume everyone here is :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back