Completely remove nvidia drivers

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
I've got a new card coming through tomorrow (radeon 9800 pro) and I was wandering how I would go about getting rid of all traces of the nvidia drivers for my geforce 4. I've heard that just uninstalling them ain't enough.

remove the card through device manager
do not reboot
remove the drivers through add/remove
reboot is automatic *grrrrr*
dont let it reboot swith off the power b4 windows loads

switch cards
run the nvcleaner
install new drivers

Attachments

• setupnvcleaner.rar
    181.2 KB · Views: 110
Hmm, that's what I hate about switching brands... Just experienced it myself a few weeks ago.
I recommend a format, so there can be NOTHING left of the nvidia drivers. But that's my opinion. :)

dont you think formating is a bit much when you can remove all traces of old driver

the milkman said:
dont you think formating is a bit much when you can remove all traces of old driver

Sorry for offering my piece of advice. -_-
People recommended that I format when I changed from nvidia to ATI. I don't really mind though cause I'm comfortable with formatting. I guess some people aren't. Do what the other guys said, and don't listen to me unless you come up with problems. :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back