Completely Remove Media Player

L

Lived

Is there a way to completely remove Windows Media Player? I want to remove as much spyware as possible.

D

Dirk Diggler

Just right-click the exe file and choose "Delete"

L

Lived

I was hoping it would include any and all registry entries so there would be no conflicts.

D

Dirk Diggler

If you right-click all your different media types and choose "Open with" and point them to your preffered media player, and put a tick in "always use this", there will be no conflicts.

L

Lived

So you're pretty much saying there is no direct efficient way to remove WMP.......

L

Lived

If you try to delete the files, Windows automatically regenerates them. Just goes to show you how bad MS wants to spy on you.

D

Dirk Diggler

Delete the driver cache and Windows can't replace it, however its not advisable to delete this cache, if you get a dodgy driver, Windows will not be able to fix it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahulpandy