Completed my First (actual) WebDesign

thebear

d(-.-)b
www.silexz.com

Graphics were made in PS7 and later on PScs, coded it in Notepad, custom built the forum skin aswell. What do you guys think?

Not bad at all for your first design! Good Job :D

edit: btw, is that your band's site? And have you tried something other than plain white for the backgroundd?

/me fumbles with colour setting on me monitor :p
j/k
Very sleek deisgn, very nice *purrs* :D

thanks for the compliments, much appreciated :D

and this site is for one of my friends who is really, really good at making dancish type music. Also, I haven't tried plain white o_87, but that might look pretty good...

you even went in an did the whole <-- Header Starts --> kinda deals that html editors do.. nice touch to keep things organized.

props bud, that is really nice. only thing i can see is the color of the date and posted by section, the grey on grey makes it harder for partial color blind (similar colors blend together) people (me) to read it, but its still a great site :D

Looks good. I can't believe it's your first design. Most people go through Geocities and Frontpage first. haha.

*shudders
Geocities and Frontpage I am glad I never went through those

Very nice indeed, but is it me or the marquee text is choppy ? Very hard for me to read as is goes from right to left, it's a strain fro the eyes... am I the only one to think this ?
All the rest is looking good !

hmm, might be ur monitor's refresh rate :confused: Pretty smooth on mine

And if you don't add <!--Header Start --> tags when coding in notepad, it makes fixing things incredibly difficult since you have to hunt down the certain area. I guess you could call it a pet peeve, I can't stand when people write messy unorganized code - like what Frontpage generates

EDIT: feel free to stop by the forums - they're surprisingly active for being only 10 days old

Howling Wolf said:
Very nice indeed, but is it me or the marquee text is choppy ? Very hard for me to read as is goes from right to left, it's a strain fro the eyes... am I the only one to think this ?
All the rest is looking good !

With ya on that one. The marquee isn't very smooth. Could you make the increments smaller?

very nice website design. that centre logo is really nice. i think this could be inproved by making things a little smaller.... such as the home.. forum.. music.. reviews buttons.. and the news and navigation bar...it wuld make things look better... but thats just my opinion n a little constructive feedback.. but on the whole really good work

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back