complete HD wipe

R

RobbieSan

hey gang.. what is a good program to use on a floppy that will do an unconditional wipe of a HD?

the reason I ask is that a while ago I got infected with a virus or something weird happened where tehre are a number of FAT, NTFS, or Linux partitions some small some large as far as size reports go.. I want to compeltely wipe this HD.. can anyone recommend a simple program to do this that will fit on a floppy?

nope, I tried that.. need to completely wipe the drive not play with partitions.. I did use Fdisk originally and wiped out the partitions and rebuilt them.. after that and full format the stuff I need to get rid of is still there.. I need something that simply wipes/overwrites every single piece of info.. thanks for the response all the same taz.. btw, what is she riding?

do the fdisk and then make the partitions and then use the fdisk /mbr then format...try that

What kind of stuff is going on with the hard drive? Could it be a physical problem with the drive? Have you tried any disk diag. tools from the manufacture?

btw.... I will never tell :D

You might be able to "low-level" format the drive. This type of format is much deeper than fdisk or normal format. I would go to the manufacturer's website or support and see if they have a program that will do that. I think you can use a low-level format program from a different drive manufacturer, but cannot be sure.

"fdisk /MBR" will fix any problems with the Master Boot Record (cleaning some viruses needs this).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back