Complete Control over users

A

andre9540

I want to know how to gwt complete control over user acccounts that are not admin... because students have been accesing and installing impoper things for the computer lounge i volunteer at, I really just want them to access internet and MS office APPS that about it evry thing else should be locked off. Any info on how to do this will be a help, o i am running XP and 2000 machines if that helps

Well i tried using account setting but that only allow me not to be able to delete system files.....

from the user configurations you can disable most windows features (like installing, deleting etc).
i don't know if you can limit what software people can and cant use, maybe youl need a 3rd party software for that.

yah but this is not letting me restrict acces to C: and installing progs... maybe i didn't see the option.... Yet is this the place i need to do what i am talking about
:(

I'm not really sure, anyway here is a complete list of all the managements, maybe there is something there to help you.

Computer Management - compmgmt.msc

Disk Managment - diskmgmt.msc

Device Manager - devmgmt.msc

Disk Defrag - dfrg.msc

Event Viewer - eventvwr.msc

Shared Folders - fsmgmt.msc

Group Policies - gpedit.msc

Local Users and Groups - lusrmgr.msc

Performance Monitor - perfmon.msc

Resultant Set of Policies - rsop.msc

Local Security Settings - secpol.msc

Services - services.msc

Component Services - comexp.msc

Password Control - control userpasswords2

worst case scenario you will have to use a 3rd party software, there are many like that, look at google or at any decent download site.

You have to put the users in the group that you are setting policies for. Otherwise you have to edit each user individually.

Ok you can do some real damage here.

gpedit - computer config, windows settigns, security settings, software restrictions.

You can make system, program files, etc directories inaccessible.
You can create your own access rules under actions on top menu.

Have fun. Not wanting to trash my computer tonight I have not tried these myself...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back