Comparing Blu-ray Drives

N

Not Bman

Since they have came out I have wanted a good way to know what the best there is. It's hard to know what features and options are available, and what is best. Since I got a blu-ray player for my father this Christmas I looked around. I found this awesome website that you can compare (with great detail) almost every player out there.

Turns out it's actually

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/compare.php?p=1

Trust worthy and awesome information. Check it out! :)

nice, thanks man!

No problem,

I got one of the midrange players ($300 around) for my father, and later on read some more reviews, turns out I got the best one for around that price. So I was happy.

hehe.. thats always nice :)

i hate that blu ray players are so damn expensive in argentina

I found a little chart with some of the players benchmarked.
Pretty interesting.... Sharp player takes over 2 minutes to load a BD+ disc!

benchmark.jpg
taken from blu-ray.com

yea. i kinda prefer the BluRay drive in my PC over any Home Theater player. One reason is that you don't have to worry about whether or not the player you buy will support another feature of BluRay... and if it will either be just a firmware update, or actual hardware update. Not to mention the fact that you don't have the long power on times (which i found out for most players is due to them performing a full system check when they're turned on. freakin HATE that!).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back