• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Compaq Notebook restarts after hitting "Turn off" in windows

T

travisc

New notebook 1500 presario 1505us. Compaq has nothing for it, and neither does Microsoft.. HELP!

Thanks in Advance all
Trav

M

mazspeed@redshi

I was working on his computer. It was working fine, but what happeneds is when it shuts off, you see for a very quick split second, you get that error blue screen, and then it shuts off and restarts everytime. This happened after putting on some updates from Microsoft's update site. I cannot do a restore on it, so we are stuck.. the only problem with the whole thing is that when you hit the "shut down" key", it reboots.

Cheers
Mike

M

mazspeed@redshi

Yes.. everything is current and installed.. No device conflicts of any kind either..

Cheers
Mike

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Try right clicking my computer\properties\advanced\startup & recovery\settings. Untick automatic restart. See if that will give you an error you can read.

M

mazspeed@redshi

Ok.. it gave me this error " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
Now what do I do?

Thanks Hipster :)

Cheers
Mike

M

mazspeed@redshi

Ok... Well here is what I have sort of figured out.. When I went to update on Microsoft's website, after I downloded sp1 it gave me this error. It could be a bad driver, or something else.. Microsoft's own website doesn't really tell me a solution.. I'm hoping one of you expert know, because I sure don't. Otherwisee the computer act's fine, but just restarts, and right before it does, it gives me that "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" screen for a split second. Is there an easy fix?

Thanks again everybody :)

Cheers
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies