COMPAQ logo

S

Sheila

I just installed XP on my Compaq computer. My problem is that to get to the Administrator I have to boot in safe mode. But that stupid logo hides everything so I don't know when to press the required keys.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the LOGO?
Please help!!

welcome to the world of store bought computers thats hey you build your own lol.

That information is in the computer bios, not impossible to change but it would require knowing assy. programming and hardware to burn chips.

You shouldnt have to boot into SAFE

You shouldnt have to boot into SAFE to get Admin. Just boot to the USER LOGON screen, and hit ctrl+alt+del ... this should bring up a Win2K style Logon Screen... just enter:

USER: Administrator
PW: ???? (Your Admin PW)

and you should be fine.

good luck...

efeezee, I think folks using XP Home edition have to do the Administrator thing in safe mode.

Sheila, just keep tapping that F8 key, it shouldn't interfere with the regular boot sequence even if you tap it early... the worst that will happen is you'll get a keyboard error or something - not a thing, just try again.

If you can get into the BIOS then there should be an option to turn the logo off. Mind you, it can be a bit obscure

Just hit CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the logon screen, no need to boot into safe mode.

I think you can also change that with the XP powertoys. Just goto the tweakUI and change the auto logon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back