Compaq iPaq 3630 with Pocket PC 2000 question

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I just got my hands on a Compaq iPaq 3630 with only a cradle and protective leather case. I downloaded the manual from the HP site, but there is no answer to my question:
When I open up a program like Windows Media Player, I don't see a close button. Some apps on the PDA have it, some apps don't. Let's take WMP as an example. As I said, I don't see a close button, and I need to force it to close by go to the memory options, and manually remove it from there. I don't think that's the way Microsoft has intended it, so did I miss an option? Another query: In 'normal' Windows (for desktops) you can use Alt+Tab to switch between running programs, is there any shortcut/key for PPC2000 that can do just that?

I am a newbie PDA user, so don't burn me off (yet)

hmm....thats weird, all PPC programs have a little "X" on the top right of the screen which minimizes them. to close them...im not sure. i know that there's some part in PPC 2000 where u can end apps. try to get our hands on the iPaq version of Pocket PC 2002, its much better and u can close apps much easier

Should just be in the top right.

media.jpg

apu95 said:
hmm....thats weird, all PPC programs have a little "X" on the top right of the screen which minimizes them. to close them...im not sure. i know that there's some part in PPC 2000 where u can end apps. try to get our hands on the iPaq version of Pocket PC 2002, its much better and u can close apps much easier
Can I just download it or do I have to use *cough* unofficial *cough* channels for that? Oh and would my 206 Mhz Strongarm, 32MB PDA handle PPC2002?

SPeedY_B said:
Should just be in the top right.

media.jpg
It looks like the 2002 version of PPC. The theme looks different, as does Windows Media Player.

ahem...different channels would probably help, but i dont encourage that! :rolleyes:
u can always buy one...theyre probably really cheap now since PPC 2003 is out and 2003 SE is just around the corner

Hmm, thanks. BTW, here's a screenie (made with my webcam :rolleyes: ) of WMP in action.

Attachments

• Untitled_0002_0001.jpg
    Untitled_0002_0001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 546

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back