• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Compaq iPaq 3630 with Pocket PC 2000 question

I just got my hands on a Compaq iPaq 3630 with only a cradle and protective leather case. I downloaded the manual from the HP site, but there is no answer to my question:
When I open up a program like Windows Media Player, I don't see a close button. Some apps on the PDA have it, some apps don't. Let's take WMP as an example. As I said, I don't see a close button, and I need to force it to close by go to the memory options, and manually remove it from there. I don't think that's the way Microsoft has intended it, so did I miss an option? Another query: In 'normal' Windows (for desktops) you can use Alt+Tab to switch between running programs, is there any shortcut/key for PPC2000 that can do just that?

I am a newbie PDA user, so don't burn me off (yet)

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
hmm....thats weird, all PPC programs have a little "X" on the top right of the screen which minimizes them. to close them...im not sure. i know that there's some part in PPC 2000 where u can end apps. try to get our hands on the iPaq version of Pocket PC 2002, its much better and u can close apps much easier

apu95 said:
hmm....thats weird, all PPC programs have a little "X" on the top right of the screen which minimizes them. to close them...im not sure. i know that there's some part in PPC 2000 where u can end apps. try to get our hands on the iPaq version of Pocket PC 2002, its much better and u can close apps much easier
Can I just download it or do I have to use *cough* unofficial *cough* channels for that? Oh and would my 206 Mhz Strongarm, 32MB PDA handle PPC2002?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
ahem...different channels would probably help, but i dont encourage that! :rolleyes:
u can always buy one...theyre probably really cheap now since PPC 2003 is out and 2003 SE is just around the corner

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix