Company of Heroes Review (sort of)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Well i just got COH this week, and i'll preface this by saying this is probably the single best RTS ever made, BAR NONE.

I'll start by saying the graphics are quite amazing, and no doubt would be far superior, if my system would run them.

POI: The smoke affects are great, the way the environment is destructable, makes the experience that much richer, oh and let us not forget the flying bodies, thats right, bodies and parts fly when they are hit by an explosion, even if they are dead.

Audio is very good, the musical score is on par with any movie.

Multiplayer, i've heard is very good, but i haven't as yet tested it (hence the sort of).

One remark i would post, is that the game doesn't allow too much for defensive play, it mostly forces you to attack all the time, sometimes its nice to build up fortifications and have the enemy come and attack you, although this does happen in the game, it doesn't happen as much as i'd like.

The actual models themselves are so good that if you zoomed in all the way to their little faces they are just as good as the models in DOD or COD2.

So to end, this is a deeply emersive game that i highly recommend to anyone out there, tired of the usual RTS fair.

Wow thanks for the semi-in depth review (sort of) you got going there Lancer. I have been waiting for something like this to introduce me to the game since I have been lazy to actually install the damn thing. No wait! let me rephrase that...I haven't the time to install the game lol but since you brought up some key segments here now I am hyped to find out what this game will look like running through my PC.

Multiplayer too huh?!?!?! Well looks liks its time for a LAN Party with my boys they have been asking me for one like three weeks ago. Looks like I got a game in my hands to test on a LAN party. YES!!! <<<like Fred Fredburger

Thanks Lancer Rep Points coming your way buddy.

thanks synical for the words of... errr praise? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back