Compact Flash PCIMCA cards not recognised? Can anyone solve this problem??

B

Bogwert

Having big problems with my Windows XP PRO. I have it installed on both computers on my home network.
I have tried to use a PCIMCA compactflash on the laptop and a USB Pen drive on the desktop and the laptop.
They are supposed to be true plug and play and don't require drivers for win ME, 2000 or XP.
Both installed fine with win2000 no drivers needed - the native drivers were fine.
With XP the computer detects the device then asks for a drivers disc - for which there is none (- I tired the win98 / NT driver disks but they are not compatible and caused the comp to crash. Non of the websites seem to have XP drivers as they rely on the native drivers.)
All other USB devices work and all other PCIMCA devices work.

Am I doing something wrong with XP. Please help as i have work on the USB pen drive !!!

Cheers !!!

(both worked fine with win2000)

try this

Why dont you try to install the drivers by the win2000 cd.
when winxp asks you for drivers insert the 2000 cd and browse it to the drivers folder and let it search.

Still having problems with plug and play - please please help.

I tried using the win2000 disc. I have even copied the whole driver.cab file to the driver cache folder in order to try and confuse XP into using them, but to no avail.
In a desperate attempt to try and use my compact flash cards i bought a card reader via the USB port, but still have the same problems.
Basically the plug and play is not working for any removable storage device.
I have Win XP PRO build 2600
i have tried all updates

please please help

I use a USB Pen Drive. Just plugged in and XP recognized it without asking for any drivers at all.??

pity it wont work on the Cut down Version of Win95 supplied at work.

don't know why it is asking you for a driver

:rolleyes:

whats the model/make of the pen... normally you;ll find something on the web for it... either the drivers or a solution...

MdSalih

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back