Compact Flash and WinXP?

T

Tharsis

Anybody:

Need help in getting WinXP Home on new Sony VAIO GR390
notebook to recognize my Compact Flash card. Using a SanDisk CF
PC Card Adapter. According to SanDisk FAQ, CF storage not supported in NT 4.0. I this true for XP as well? Do I need 3rd party software to make it work? On older Sony notebook with Win98SE the card worked fine....

Thanks for any help!
Thar.

I'm not 100% understanding where does your CF adapter plug into the computer? my compact flash adapter came with drivers, but I didn't have to use them as winXP auto detected the adapter and everything works fine, it just mounts the card as a removable drive when I plug it in

Qumahlin:

The SanDisk CF PC Card Adapter ( with the CF card in the Adapter) goes in either one of the two PC Card slots on the VAIO
notebook computer. This is similar to my 3 yr old VAIO F-160
with Win98SE. On that system, after a few seconds and an audible "beep" the CF card is recognized as a removable drive. However, this doesn't occur with WinXP on the new VAIO GR390? Am I missing something? I have one physical HDD on the GR390 that was factory partioned as C and D. Would the CF card show up therefore as E ? For what it's worth, the first time I inserted the adapter, WinXP showed that new hardware was detected, so i thought it was working fine. Still, the card doesn't show up anywhere or at least I can't find it?? Maybe I should try a USB CF reader hardware device instead?

Thar.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back