comp locking up

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
my friend is using his pc for home recording. he is using tracktion for the recording software. whenever he renders a song or tries to play a song the comp freezes midway through the song. you can hear a loud buzz from the song locking up. i thought maybe it was a bad ram chip as we ran memtest and it returned a lot of errors but he just did the swap trick and the same error happens with both chips separate and together. there is no overclocking on his system. his system was working great up until about a month ago. after an autoupdate which we removed thinking it caused the problem.

he is using a delta44 card, with a breakout box and an audiobuddy preamp. he has an asus motherboard, not sure the exact model but i know it's not nforce.

any ideas of what could be the problem?

If memtest returned a lot of errors, I would start with replacing the RAM. Unless the tests returned errors on certain channels or banks (which would indicate specific modules), then it's best to replace both since you have already tried them both seperately. Did you try the RAM in different slots as well?

Another thing to consider, is that again, since memtest returned errors, I would think the autoupdate is not related to the issue at hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back