"Common" folder displays at boot!?

R

Rhod

I installed Visual Studio 6, which requires a folder called "common" to be somewhere on your hard drive. I then installed a demo of a disk imaging program. Since installing that stupid demo, I now get a window that displays at startup, showing the contents of my "common" folder.
I removed the demo - no help. I used a "startup manager" to try and find what was making it do this - no help. Help! I can close the folder window, so it's not critical, just annoying. Any ideas on why this folder opens every time I boot?

Thanks, Rhod

Is it in your Startup folder maybe? Or, you can check the registry (though I wouldn't recommend it if your not sure about using the registry as you can really f*ck up your PC that way). I'd try HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if it's in there. You might also find SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT

Folder still comes up

Hey Canadude!

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at the registry entries you mentioned (and the startup folder), but found no references to my "common" folder. Thanks for the reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back